Sunday, July 20, 2014

A bit of a problem?

As of 2:22 am on this fine monday morning, I have realized that I don't know if I will be able to pay off $11, 000 of debt in 6 months because of 5 big reasons.

1.) I currently only work part time hours for a (supposed) full time job I have. (I work a max of 25 hours per week.)

2.) With these part time hours that I currently have.. it would mean I only benefit from receiving a maximum of $550 biweekly- (Unless I suddenly decide I want to pick up other peoples shifts- which would only increase my paycheque up to $620 biweekly which is rare.)

3) I currently have 3 big credit cards to pay off, first having a -$1, 999.44 balance, next having a -$2,000.00 balance..and finally..the last one having a -$1,544.00 balance. That's almost a -$6k debt not including the personal loans I have as well. :( (All my minimum payments each month for these credit cards usually equal to around $150 per month)

4) My rent each month is $570 + 50 = $620 per month..and as I only make around $550 biweekly..means that more than 1 of my paycheques will have to go to my rent alone. :(

5) ... I try to eat healthily, however eating this way means that I usually have to spend more every week..aka spending at least $50 dollars at the grocery stores each week. :(

... $620+150+200= $970 per month.. and I only make around $1,100 per month which means that I would only have $130 to pay off my credit cards (not the min payment) AND not going home at ALL, go out, or be able to do anything. :(

.... The struggle is definitely real and I'm not even sure if I should try to attempt at getting a second job- given my first job has my availability as marked as being everywhere. (I've given my boss a full availability which is one of the main reasons she's hired me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment