Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Accepting Minimalism

Hey y'all,

It has been one long and exhausting week for me, with many decisions I had to thoroughly think about before executing them. One most important step was where my life is going to go in the next few years. I've done things that I never thought I would do- travel to different parts of the world, work in a restaurant and the biggest thing of all- was quit school.

As I sit back in my office chair and think back to where I was even less than a few months ago, I will say I have definitely come a long way. It is always hard to know where your life might lead you when you aren't in school anymore and decide to work fulltime to pay off your debts.

I've always been about being able to make more money, in a short amount of time. This is where I started working at restaurants and slowly making my way up to being a waitress. I'll be sharing my experience in that field in another post- but to keep things short: it was very demanding, tiring and was in no way good for my health.

A few months ago, I decided to make one of the biggest decision in my life and quit all the jobs I had. I decided it was important for myself to really step back and look at the bigger picture- that it isn't ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY.

It's funny when I think about that seeing as when you are in debt- your world pretty much revolves  around making money to pay off those existing debts. I think the biggest indicator that I had to quit my jobs was because of my health- and that I wasn't happy.

It was just too stressful for myself and was pulling alot of tension into my relationship with my S/O. I knew I deserved more even if it meant I wouldn't be making as much as I used to.

FAST FORWARD A FEW MONTHS LATER...

I managed to secure a full time job at a pretty reputable company and love working with my coworkers everyday. Not going to lie but trying to get up at 7:15AM every morning instead of 11AM is still pretty hard to do... however it gives me time to spend time with my family/friends in the evenings and on the weekends- which I appreciate.

With this on my belt now- comes the next big step.. was to decide what to do with my schooling career. I know alot say that it isn't always about getting that 'diploma', but rather the experience you bring.. however I will say with lack of experience AND a degree, only makes it harder to try and find a good job.

I've been contemplating going back for Pharmacy- however it seems like its a long road for me.....time AND financial wise. However- I decided to bite the bullet and apply for school anyways given the fact that it is important for me to go back and also set a good example for my sibling.I'll keep you guys updated on that later...

Final thing was to finally attempt the massive SPRING CLEANING I've been meaning to do since my last big one. I had one around 3-4 months ago in which I threw away ALOT of unused junk and just splurged and got new furniture while I was at it. It was definitely alot of help however I think I need to step it up even more..

I'm trying to shrink my wardrobe down and keep the essentials. Things I can see myself mixing and matching for years to come. Out with the unnecessary and in with the more space. I'm starting off with my handbags which will be quite difficult to do.. I have 20+ handbags to get rid of and it is not going to be fun.

I know I don't NEED all these things to make me happy so I'm not too upset to be parting ways with them. I know it will go to a good home rather than being tucked away in my messy closet.

More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment