Tuesday, June 9, 2015

What are your guilty pleasures?

As you can probably tell from the title... the topic of this post is on guilty pleasures! I know as much as many of us have developed (or in the process of) good spending habits, there's always going to be that one odd time where you feel like you're at that breaking point, "Its just ONE PAIR OF SHOES! THEY'RE ON SALE TOO!"  or better yet.. "I'm hungry but I'm too lazy to make food, wanna just go out for some food?" Do any of those sound familiar to you?

I've been on this journey for a very long time now. I don't know if this happens with anyone else, but I'm the type that can change my decision/likes very quickly. However, once that decision has set- it'll be hard for me to change it. The same applies with my "guilty" pleasures, a few months ago- it was purses.. I HAD to have all these purses I saw online. I thought I could justify the purchase because 1) it was used so I didn't feel as bad. 2) it was more than 1/2 off retail price! Those two reasons alone gave me the push to make my impulsive purses purchases.

I can definitely say that alot of these purses or planners have went back up for sale and have went to good homes since then. It was a brief yet scary phase because a few were LV's which ARENT cheap, even used. They say the biggest obstacle you really have to cross- is your conscience when it comes to deciding on what you want.

There are two sides in my head, one is Miss A; other is Miss B. Miss A is on one shoulder yelling, "ITS TORY BURCH AND ITS ONLY 100 DOLLARS? BUY BUY BUY! YOU CAN ALWAYS REPAY THAT LATER"  and then you have Miss B on the other side going, "Do you really need ANOTHER black purse? That makes...let's see..1,2...think that's your 7th black purse you've bought. Think of the money you could have saved!"

I will definitely say that it's still a struggle on a daily basis with these two always horsing around on my shoulders. However, it definitely makes me think a bit more before suddenly deciding to purchase something.

What are your guilty pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment